March 25, 2010 Crystal Mountain

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
25 Mar 2010 20:57 #215733 by Larry_Trotter
March 25, 2010 Crystal Mountain was created by Larry_Trotter
Thursday - A good ski day, but the end is near.....

Ok... I got to the Crystal lot about 10:45am.  Parked in Lot A.  I don't know if Lot A ever filled up.  Remember half of Lot A is reserved for those special people.  maybe I will become one of those special people next year.  Oh, wait... point is that there were not a whole lot of folks up there today.

Snow and slush on the lot this morning, snow on the trees.  Lot was dry by 1:00.  Overcast all day.  Sometimes the sun was poking through the cloud cover to provide some good light.  By 3:00 a very nice snowfall underway.  Cold on top, warm at the bottom.  Wind was blowing some snow around.

Lots of snow, no grooming, some freshie over hardpack. Off groom up in GV, we had about five inches of fluffy stuff over not so fluffy stuff.  So we imagined ourselves pow skiiing off pro bowl.  Groomers were a little bumpy from no grooming.  Ice Berg was a clumpy ride.  So, this is spring skiing on an overcast day.  Had to work a little harder to ski the clumps over ice.  But skiing off groom had some benefits. 

Icey in the morning, sucky in the late afternoon.

Well... we skied, wore ourselves out.  I bet we were all season pass holders... meaning not much new money hitting the slopes today.  I did ride the lift with a gal from Poland.  Her english was very good.  Not much skiing in Poland.  She said something about Austria.

With some grooming, it would be a screamer...  but has to be cold enough.  Temperatures are fluctuating all over the place. Base was a total slush bowl by day's end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.