Home > Trip Reports > March 6, 2010, Mt. Shuksan- Hanging Glacier Ski

March 6, 2010, Mt. Shuksan- Hanging Glacier Ski

3/6/10
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by otter on 3/14/10 3:45am
On 3/6/2010, FM, AM, and I skied the Hanging Glacier on Shuksan. It was sick.
Full TR here
http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/947132/TR_Mt_Shuksan_White_Salmon_Asc#Post947132

*fixed URL - Marcus*
I think I was admiring those tracks from the Boulder Ridge trailhead that day...

Sweet picture!!!

Nicely done D. I need to get a hold of you for the spring season.

Thanks. I was waiting for someone to own those tracks last weekend but the report didn't come..

Great read Otter. 

10 points to Otter for the lines ~ 10 points to Scole for the pic.

But who's keeping score..

Whats sick is the camera lens Scole must own for getting that shot from Mt Baker.  What in the heck are you shooting with!!?

heh. I'm not shooting with anything that outragous. I shoot with a Pentax 10 megapixel DSLR and what I put up int this thread is just a small crop from a larger photo. I shot this using my 55-300mm zoom lens at 190mm.

Here's the entire photo:

Other photos from that day on my Blog Post.

Holy crap. Awesome lines, well done. Great photo as well

That's some serious snow mountaineering.
Must have been exciting crossing that Hanging Glacier looking up and down all the way. Did you have to put skins back on after the ski into the deep gully while on the Hanging Glacier to cross it?
Excellent work and Kudos to Scole getting that great shot in the right light.

author=Joedabaker link=topic=15963.msg66804#msg66804 date=1268754769]
That's some serious snow mountaineering.
Must have been exciting crossing that Hanging Glacier looking up and down all the way. Did you have to put skins back on after the ski into the deep gully while on the Hanging Glacier to cross it?
Excellent work and Kudos to Scole getting that great shot in the right light.

Nope, no skins on the descent. The glacier proper was actually really mellow skiing. The exit was where it got steep.

Reply to this TR

march-6-2010-mt-shuksan-hanging-glacier-ski
otter
2010-03-14 10:45:25