Home > Trip Reports > March 7, 2010, Crystal BC

March 7, 2010, Crystal BC

3/7/10
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by lfell on 3/8/10 1:19pm
Hey All!

This is officially my first TR ever. I figured that it was finally time to give back.

Yesterday a crew of us headed up for a couple of turns in the Crystal BC. As Saturday was pretty bright and toasty, we figured that somethings north-facing would be best for Sunday's expected clouds and cooling temps.

Our group found ourselves with a couple more participants than planned, so five people and one dog later we were finally headed out of Tacoma at the solitary hour of 10.15 AM --- HA.
Our thoughts were focused upon Bouillon Basin. But then creativity ensued and we decided to ascend up from the side of Pickaxe (read: bootpack) and then make some nice turns back to our car via ze' Bouillon.

Yeah. It was pretty sweet. All of it. We were aided in our ascent with some kickable soft snow. On the the descent we were gifted with ACTUALLY some pow pow. Sick turns were made and yahoo's were probably yodeled. Blake (aka Blockhead) the dog even managed to enjoy himself.

That is.... until we ran out of gas on out way back to Greenwater. But no worries--- for those of you who ever fear yourself without gas on the 410 have no fear! The firehouse (and the fire dudes) abide.

I'm sorry, no pictures this time. But I promise that as my TR's increase so will their sleekness. I guess the purpose that this TR serves is to let you know that with the right aspects there is still soft goodies to be had. And after the snow that fell in Tacoma today, I don't think that this issue is currently at all relevant.

Cheers!

Reply to this TR

march-7-2010-crystal-bc
lfell
2010-03-08 21:19:52