Home > Forum > Ashlu-Elaho Traverse Info?

Ashlu-Elaho Traverse Info?

• Richard_Korry
  • [Richard_Korry]
More
17 May 2004 04:39 - 17 May 2004 16:35 #169370 by Richard_Korry
Ashlu-Elaho Traverse Info? was created by Richard_Korry
Has anyone done the Ashlu-Elaho Traverse in BC north of Squamish? Baldwin calls it an excellent 3 day traverse. Any info on it would be appreciated including any guesses on current conditions. A google search turned Êup very little. Thanks<br> Richard<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2004 06:26 #169373 by Pete A
Replied by Pete A on topic Re: Ashlu-Elaho Traverse Info?
a little info on road access difficulties was posted recently on cascadeclimbers. sounds like just getting a car near the traverse could be tough. <br><br>www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat...d/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

"You can call Squamish forest office, but there's a massive slide on that road in the area of Buck that doesn't melt out until July. Seriously. If you went up there in May, the slide is about 200m across and 20 ft deep. This point is too far away from the start of the A-E traverse to make it worthwhile. I haven't heard of anyone doing this trip in the last few years since the slide started gushing. Too bad, I'd love to. Some folks on bivouac.com have pointed out the possibility of starting the traverse from the Elaho side of things, but this would be a bit exploratory I think. You could always start at Buck, go to Porterhouse and then come back. Best of luck "

More
17 May 2004 13:45 #169376 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: Ashlu-Elaho Traverse Info?
A-E has been on "The List" for awhile but the cheap access was not available. Recently, I stopped by the Squamish airfield and chatted with the folks at Glacier Air. They also have a great view of the range from their outdoor deck. The heli access in a Jet Ranger which can handle 3 clients and their gear is about $800cdn one-way. Perhaps the Buck exit is still available and a one-way heli ride may be the main cost. I'm interested.Zap