Home > Trip Reports > Jan 31, 2010, Yodelin

Jan 31, 2010, Yodelin

1/31/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by unclebo on 2/2/10 12:18pm
Was headed for Jim Hill but the rain at the parking spot, thoughts of skinning/walking 1,500 feet to even get close to good snow and fog/clouds at 5,500 feet and above looked like it sucked so while I've skied Yodelin a bunch my bud T hadn't - "let's go for elevation"!

Headed up past the Search and Rescue who looked like they were building large sized Cone Head snowmen and skied the first 500 feet of the relatively open glade - ho hum, we headed for the trees after that and that's when the fun started - made several runs among, through, under & around the trees with 4-6 inches of powder which was enough to cover the tracks of others from pervious days.  I guess the trees haven't been good in my past life - I've been notified.

After several trips we headed out about 2pm under actually sunny skies - skied mashed taters down to the cars and got home in time to relax, but not so soon I had to finish painting the dining room (yea) - 4,700 feet for the short day, yes.  Sorry, no pics, forgot the technology in the car.
Way to pack in the vertical.  That SAR group was Snohomish County SAR's winter training... got to watch a slideshow of the fun on Monday.  Coneheads is pretty accurate for their igloos.

Reply to this TR

jan-31-2010-yodelin
unclebo
2010-02-02 20:18:10