Home > Trip Reports > January 27, 2010, Snoqualmie Pass

January 27, 2010, Snoqualmie Pass

1/27/10
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 1/27/10 2:04am
6-8" soft fluff on north slopes above 4000'.  More continuing education to do now. Details later.
hi it's monica... i found a name:)

author=silaswild link=topic=15359.msg64292#msg64292 date=1264615491]
Details later.

Jonathan ended up with 6850' up for the day on his new DyNA boots.  The down was fun too.

Nice one guys!

By the way Silas, are you planning to come down in Feb.?  We're expecting a big group from Seattle (Cass, Kelvin, etc.) during President's Weekend.  Last year we had 13 people stay at the house.  I had to refill the hot tub a few times over that weekend, but it was fun.

What's your plan?

Sorry I was stuck at work!  Did you chase him all day, Silas, or did Jonathan throw in a couple laps on Silver Fir to keep his boots from feeling lonely?

He operated at senior citizen pace until lunchtime, then did 3400' more in the afternoon on our set uptrack and farming the down slope while I recovered and fueled up for Rando class at Summit West in the evening.   He said the DyNAs saved him only 2lbs over my setup, my response was that my boots weigh 50% more than his.  My boss, a former ski racer, said they are almost too stiff!  They may not be good looking, but they sure can cook.

Of course the guy eats almost no fat, he skipped butter on his rice, and no ice cream for dessert with my wife and me.  So far the new baby does not seem to have affected his aerobic fitness.

I had my class of 9 year olds on Silver Fir Wednesday.  You should have come over and lent a hand with them.  Hoping to get a shadow in for the telemark class next Wednesday.

author=silaswild link=topic=15359.msg64337#msg64337 date=1264700726]So far the new baby does not seem to have affected his aerobic fitness.

Sometimes I've been motivated to skin at a faster pace because I start thinking about how if I reach the transition earlier then I'll get home to see her earlier.  (Worked at a rando race four days before our Snoqualmie tour!)

Then again, if I can ski and skin at anywhere near Silas's pace 18 years from now when I'm his current age, I'll be very happy!

Speaking of happy, that's just how we felt upon emerging at this dramatic view:

Here's the most open slope that we skied:

Here's more typical terrain of the day's tour:

And of course Silas climbed up the ladder to the DOT avy charge positioner:

Reply to this TR

january-27-2010-snoqualmie-pass
silaswild
2010-01-27 10:04:51