Home > Trip Reports > January 23, 2010; Rainbow Mountain

January 23, 2010; Rainbow Mountain

1/15/10
Posted by skykilo on 1/25/10 2:39pm
I dedicate this TR to Scotsman.

Another party skied the other side of Rainbow Mountain earlier on this day.  The party came from Whistler via helicopter.  I bask in the warm glow of eternal enlightenment as I post here on TAY.  I'm too humble for anyone to notice how righteous my partner and I were on Rainbow mountain, in the secluded woods between the nordic venue and climax of rainbow, honest men toiling in the lush forests there.  We paid for our recreation with sweat, not fossil fuels.

But I'm totally serious.  We were doing some astrophysical research at the lab and a byproduct of our low energy fusion cross section studies was a portable cold fusion source.  The design is quite compact and light; ideal to power a small car.  We're in negotiations with the universities affiliated with the lab over the Intellectual Property rights.  I hope this doesn't get buried by a big conspiracy!  It could change the world.

We saw snowmobile tracks, too.  I cried a little.  I've also been hating myself since then, because I briefly used a snowmobile track instead of breaking trail.  THAT'S IT THE WHOLE THING DOESN'T COUNT.

Thomas and I shared a lovely sunset up there by Rainbow Mountain.

A bunch of us skied the North Face of Fitzsimmons the next day.  It didn't feel quite as special, though.
Ha!  Awesome... thanks Sky.  Very amusing.  Too bad about the snomo track use... you'll have to go back and do it all over again.

author=skykilo link=topic=15342.msg64237#msg64237 date=1264487974]
But I'm totally serious.  We were doing some astrophysical research at the lab and a byproduct of our low energy fusion cross section studies was a portable cold fusion source.  The design is quite compact and light; ideal to power a small car. 

Wait, your missing something here! Ideal to power a snowmobile!!!!!
Did you all pack into a Prius when you went to the rockies or did you take public transportation? Rainbow gets used by heliskiers and helidroppers all the time. Snowmobile use in the valleys around Olympic venues should be coming to an end soon with all the closures. This coming weekend will be the last one (until March) that snowmobilers can use the Brandywine Lot. Sproatt should already be closed. I wonder how they accessed it? Maybe it was the Canadian Military sno-mo tracks? They have put a lot of effort into training people on sleds with guns!! Snipers in the BC, if you will... North Face of Fitzsimmons wasn't as special? WHY? That would put a bigger smile on my face than Rainbow...where conditions not as good? Did you climb up from the valley?

edit to add Sproatt and Military Info.

Cool trip.
I like Toby's idea of powering snomos with your new discovery.
Were it me with such a discovery I'd go HERE to get my continued research funded.
Nice of you to dedicate the TR, Sky. It shows no hard feelings and open forgiveness.
I think he'll be ok with it. He must be back on his meds now; what we've heard from him has been quite kindly. It's nice when we can all get along.

I projected myself to the Rockies through meditation and right mindfulness, Toby. 

The snowmobile companies actually want first rights to our cold fusion source.  But I can't abide it; I believe the animals need places where they can exist in peace.  I'm afraid the world isn't ready to ride the 99 bus packed in there like a bunch of sardines every morning.  Cold fusion will just have to wait.

;)

(This thread was missing a winky.)

I respect your commitment to the animals, you little peacock. Wish I could have joined you.....

sky you are tho thpecial.  Can i touch you?  and i mean that in a purely platonic way.  andy put up some whiteout pictures of fitz btw - crevasse dodging is teh gnar

I've been touched in so many ways by the Peacock myself over the years, words cannot explain.  Thanks for the inspiration.

author=skykilo link=topic=15342.msg64237#msg64237 date=1264487974">
Another party skied the other side of Rainbow Mountain earlier on this day.  The party came from Whistler via helicopter. 

Shaun White just may build his next "private practice halfpipe with a foam pit in the backcountry" there.  ;)

Project X

Nice trip and gesture to the Scotsman.  He will always be a hero to me for his role in finding the lost boys over in Union Creek.

Good luck with the fusion thingamajig.

Reply to this TR

january-23-2010-rainbow-mountain
skykilo
2010-01-25 22:39:34