Home > Trip Reports > 1/14/10 nason ridge(5574). powtatoes.

1/14/10 nason ridge(5574). powtatoes.

1/14/10
Posted by alecapone on 1/14/10 10:58am
Hey CBSP,,, you can ride the avi chutes back to camp MTR from here!!!

Toured up to nason ridge today with my dog. Took the usuall route to rainy pass, then headed up the ridge to the first of nason's unnamed high points, 5574. We rode down due north until interesecting with smithbrook more then 1000 feet later. You could ride it out for another 500' or so, but my dog was starting to lag. Terrain here was like being at yodelin. Nothing to exiciting.

Skinned a very short distance back to rainy pass, dropped into the trees almost as soon as I passed back over. got some good, but slightly heavy pow turns, and many small pillow drops back to the switchbacks.

Snow was between 4-10"s and dryer as I went higher. all was fun to ride.  Some resembled powder. SKinning was super easy,and turns where fun. Ride out on the road was stickier then on the way in.... I went ski mode and had to kick & for 2 milehe
5574, inspiring, eh?!?!

Whoo hoooo! that's a big turn around from Sunday.
hope it looks just like that for the dog an pony show!

Awesome -- you should come with this year to help me find it for Sunday laps after the class is done.

I'll be there bud. Last years injuries prevented me from doing the avi field trip, so I only have MTR 1. This tour was part business trip. I was meeting a surveyor up there to plot out where to put the foundation for my snow fortress.

I like the look of your backyard!

author=alecapone link=topic=15166.msg63477#msg63477 date=1263569243]
I'll be there bud. Last years injuries prevented me from doing the avi field trip, so I only have MTR 1. This tour was part business trip. I was meeting a surveyor up there to plot out where to put the foundation for my snow fortress.

Sweet!  Building the snow fortress is the best part about MTR.

NICE tr.  good to see something other than rain crust....

Fl's look like the might hold out for Sat Sun.  You tourin?

I was wondering how Saturday went. I would have joined you all if I had known about the plan switch. Sounds like I didn't miss out.

Well, it all turned to heavy today. I tried to race the freezing levels up lichtenburg, but I am too slow, and I slept too late. It wet snowed on me until about 4,500', and then it turned to rain. So, I turned around. It was not very fun on the way down, even with one big water ski.

raining at yodelin on the way past. Looked better at the pass level, but still wet.

yes, JimG... I'll give you a call later this eve.

And you are all invited to my fortress warming. ;)

Yippee!  Party with a view.  ::)

Reply to this TR

1-14-10-nason-ridge-5574-powtatoes
alecapone
2010-01-14 18:58:43