Whistler Olympic Tickets

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Jan 2010 22:35 - 05 Jan 2010 22:45 #189729 by Zap
Whistler Olympic Tickets was created by Zap
We spent a couple days skiing at Whistler(www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboardi....php?topic=15073.new) and noticed an Olympic ticket booth at the future site for the Medal Ceremonies in Whistler village.  They had posted the events and price category of tickets available on a nearby fence. The ticket booth opened on Tuesday, January 5th, and we stopped by after skiing.  I was amazed that there were 3 windows and no lines.  I already had 2 tickets for the Men’s Slalom event and purchased another 2 tickets for my visiting niece and her husband.  There were numerous events available.  Besides the Men’s Slalom, I recall seeing Ski Jumping, Luge, XC, preliminary Men’s and Women’s Hockey, Curling... They said that all the events at Cypress were sold out.  The price we paid was the list price versus the price for the original tickets that we purchased through the Co-Sport lottery which included markups, handling fees and shipping costs.  Jill and I will attend another event at Cypress and engage in the free market system of price negotiation. 

My last Winter Olympics was at Lake Placid.  I was fortunate to witness the “Miracle on Ice” with the Men’s Hockey team winning the Gold medal, and the medal win by one of the Mahre brothers. The memories still stir emotions whenever I see replays.  If you get a chance to attend an event, I’m certain the memories will last a lifetime.  I realize that you can see everything better via television, but being there and feeling the energy of the crowd is immeasurable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RyanPete81
  • [RyanPete81]
More
05 Jan 2010 22:38 #189730 by RyanPete81
Replied by RyanPete81 on topic Re: Whistler Olympic Tickets
How easy is the access to Whistler during the Games, do you have housing up there? Will it be impossible to get up there and out for just a day trip?

• wooley12
  • [wooley12]
More
06 Jan 2010 05:03 #189731 by wooley12
Replied by wooley12 on topic Re: Whistler Olympic Tickets
I was at the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid too. Right on about how being there is 1000 times better than watching on TV. The wife and I saw the 50k XC, 70 meter ski jump and like you, the mens slolom. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay with a friend 1/2 mile from Main Street. I'll be interested in seeing your post on a comparison of the two.

• whistlerhighcamp.com
  • [Higher Elevations]
More
06 Jan 2010 09:33 #189734 by whistlerhighcamp.com
Replied by whistlerhighcamp.com on topic Re: Whistler Olympic Tickets

How easy is the access to Whistler during the Games, do you have housing up there? Will it be impossible to get up there and out for just a day trip?

The road from Squamish thru Whistler will only be open to the public from 6pm to 6am unless you have a pass. Parking will be tuff anyways! You will need to ride a shuttle from Squamish or Vancouver up and down. I understand that the this transportation up/down, and around the valley and venues will be very good!
cheers,

More
12 Jan 2010 14:33 #189825 by fwb
Replied by fwb on topic Re: Whistler Olympic Tickets
Re: transportation during Game Times.
Around whistler there is supposed to be a transit bus every 10 minutes and some options all night.  There will also be service from Squamish.  Parking will be very sparse during the games.

Transportation Info is at:
Whistler area www.whistler2010.com/life-during-the-games/transportation/
general  www.translink.ca/en/Utilities/2010-Games.aspx

After the Olympics in March will be the Paralympics.  Last year I was at the WC Paralympics in Whistler and these athletes are great.  Amazingly awesome skiers just less limbs or poorer vision... than most of us.

Look for me there -I'll be ski slipping the Woman's courses.

• whistlerhighcamp.com
  • [Higher Elevations]
More
12 Jan 2010 15:09 #189827 by whistlerhighcamp.com
Replied by whistlerhighcamp.com on topic Re: Whistler Olympic Tickets
Yes, see you there! My Brother is a slipper too! I'm just a "host".......
Attachments: