Home > Forum > 01/01/10, Crystal

01/01/10, Crystal

• Markeyz
  • [Markeyz]
More
02 Jan 2010 08:02 #215320 by Markeyz
01/01/10, Crystal was created by Markeyz
Nice turns up high, not so much down low. Waited until it was snowing at the base around 11:00 before venturing out. Still found some nice fresh lines. Breakable rain crust under the fresh up to ~6000'. I think in the last two days I've had to wait in a lift line maybe three times, and never longer than about two minutes. I guess the weather is keeping folks huddled in condos and lodges.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
02 Jan 2010 16:42 #215321 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: 01/01/10, Crystal
DID CHAIR # 6 REOPEN SATURDAY AFTERNOON OR WAS IT DONE FOR THE DAY?

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 Jan 2010 17:35 #215323 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: 01/01/10, Crystal

DID CHAIR # 6 REOPEN SATURDAY AFTERNOON OR WAS IT DONE FOR THE DAY?

Chair 6 was actually only down for a relatively short time and yes it reopened and I was first in line. Woot Woot.
Some very nice turns off da King and da Throne.
I luv freshies.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
02 Jan 2010 18:03 #215324 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: 01/01/10, Crystal

I should of gone back to look. I got my best run of the year on the king today Secret Chute and when I got back to # 6 it was closed..........I took one look at the line on# 9 and remembered I had to walk my dog................With perseverance it's been a great year....a wet year .......but solid .Being mostly a midweek skier,today was one of the busiest days I've ever skied at Crystal,I left a little early,could of done one more,but it was survivable.I think Crystal is pretty well managed,the line control on #9 today was top notch

More
06 Jan 2010 14:26 #215352 by maryg
Replied by maryg on topic Re: 01/01/10, Crystal

Chair 6 was actually only down for a relatively short time and yes it reopened and I was first in line. Woot Woot.

You had good timing! We had just come over to that side and only had one lap before the motor started smokin'.
They loaded every third chair or loaded 2 and skipped one the rest of the day and the line never really disappeared. The wait was well worth it, as the ridge off the King to DFF was never better. We got last run on Campbell the following day or maybe it was Sunday, when it stopped for a long period (it seemed like 30 min. probably only 6 min.) I got to thinking if this chair dies, can it be replaced? Will the forest service allow a new chair, are there plans already in place? The motor is giving out, I hope we won't have to go without chair 6 in the future, I really like lift access to Campbell Basin :D Maybe replacing the chair is part of the plan, I will have to read the forest service docs.

• PNWBrit
  • [PNWBrit]
More
06 Jan 2010 14:51 #215354 by PNWBrit
Replied by PNWBrit on topic Re: 01/01/10, Crystal
There is already a FS approval for replacing chair 6 with a fixed grip 4, re-profiling off load area and grading the ridge of Campbell basin.

All of which will suck.