Home > Trip Reports > Dec 13, 2009, Crusty the clown at Silver Peak

Dec 13, 2009, Crusty the clown at Silver Peak

12/15/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by The Snow Troopers on 12/14/09 6:44am
Took Trooper dog for a bigger walk yesterday to Silver Peak's NW Ridge via Nordic Pass for the adventure route(not bad). Didn't see any other signs of skiers until I crossed over the rock ridge into the NW bowl. Made my way to the first big pitch and noticed a few sets of skis, then as I was completing my skin up the big pitch(wishing I had ski crampons for my BIG boards) Wess and his chattering skis startled me on his way down w/ his 3 friends following down climbing w/ crampons. Used there boot track for the last pitch to the ridge, THANKS! Quickly de-skinned and survival skied down the 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" death crust to join their group for the ski down the bowl, which wasn't too bad. Parted ways at the Huckleberry field. Took the Cold Creek groomer back and coasted all the way down to 1/16 of a mile before bridge then skinned up for the long mile + slog back to the house.

Took a few pics but seem to not have the tech skills to upload.

Short raw boot cam video @
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Snow-Troopers/121702686950

Live to Ski Another Day!
TNT
That is one of the noisiest skiing videos I have ever watched.
Not sure the ski boot cam action really works for me!
Don't mean to criticise but I think it would be better higher up.
Thanks though! ;D

Nice Tim -- good to see you on Saturday.  We had a good intro-tour for our friends.  Made it to just shy of Windy Pass and did a bunch of beacon practice.  Thought it best, for their first full-ish day tour, that they should have to suffer through that last mile+ slog to Hyak :)

*edit* Oh, and the boot cam, while an interesting perspective, doesn't work as well for me.  A little pukey. :)  It'd be cool to have a waist-attachment, if you could make it work.

Yah guys... The idea of the raw clips were to let you have a quick listen, and most of all I didn't bring the helmet!

Peace & hope tonight's storm brings a lot more that today's 6 inches of blower on crust which was a nice change of pace, but still was hitting bottom on steep off piste slopes!

Funny ~ I actually liked the noise with the boot cam. woof

Reply to this TR

dec-13-2009-crusty-the-clown-at-silver-peak
The Snow Troopers
2009-12-14 14:44:35