Home > Forum > Couloirs across from Blue Lake TH?

Couloirs across from Blue Lake TH?

• gregL
  • [gregL]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
21 Apr 2004 20:09 - 21 Apr 2004 20:12 #169243 by gregL
Couloirs across from Blue Lake TH? was created by gregL
<br><br>Anyone know the names of these two couloirs across the street from the Blue Lake Trailhead parking lot? They're a little low on snow right now, but maybe next year . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• curmudgeon
  • [tim_place]
More
22 Apr 2004 03:46 #169244 by curmudgeon
Replied by curmudgeon on topic Re: Couloirs across from Blue Lake TH?
These are the "Whistler Glissade Couliors". Climbers often use these for glissade descents after climbing Whistler.<br><br>I have been trying to get into these on opening weekend for the last three years, but by the time the hiway is open, these couloirs have melted out.<br><br>I'm thinking that they need to be done in March. It is rumored that there are snowmobilers in Mazama who will deliver ski parties to the Washington Pass area for a reasonable consideration (case of beer).<br><br>

• gregL
  • [gregL]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
22 Apr 2004 04:23 #169245 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: Couloirs across from Blue Lake TH?
I was thinking the same thing, Tim, on the drive back yesterday - miles of epic terrain if you could get in even 3 weeks earlier. I know a few people in the Methow, though they are probably not of the "will tow skiers for beer" variety, will try to ask around re: next year. Let me know if you run across anything. Thanks, Greg

• curmudgeon
  • [tim_place]
More
22 Apr 2004 05:18 #169246 by curmudgeon
Replied by curmudgeon on topic Re: Couloirs across from Blue Lake TH?
There is another access possibility that I have been considering. The Hiway is usually cleared to at least Rainy Pass in early March. The trouble is, the gate is closed at Ross Dam until they finish opening Washington Pass.<br><br>Now, I suppose you could bicycle from the gate to Rainy Pass -- if you like biking uphill with 60 lb of gear. What we need is a gasoline driven delivery vehicle that is light enough to hide off the road once we get to the end of the plowed road. A small, 165 CC motorcycle, perhaps. <br><br>And then there are the motorized skateboards!! Perfect!<br><br> <br><br> aarvi.en.alibaba.com/product/0/50017398/...teboard/showimg.html