Home > Trip Reports > 11/21 Source Lake: No Fog

11/21 Source Lake: No Fog

11/21/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by alpymarr on 11/23/09 1:27am
Skinned out to source lake and tried to break trail on the usual ski track under mushroom. I hope to not do that again. Alpy BC needs at least 3-4 more feet if not more to get that party started. I finally arrived at Source Lake and surveyed the apron above coming from Chair..lots of rocks and unfriendly matter in there. So, after being dejected about my objective I thought that I would go and have a look at No Fog to see if I could gain reasonable access to Great Scott. I ended up getting stopped by steep chutes, a serious creek canyon and questionable stability. That being said, No Fog looked appetizing on the skin up. Ended up lapping it 4 times with faceshots and stoke aplenty. Gotta love the aesthetics on that line, cliffs, icicles and a half frozen lake below. It was nice to get reacquainted with the Alpental Valley. Best snow in the morning with 1-2 feet of unconsolidated snow, ski penetration around 8 inches. By around 1:00 it became classic snoqualmie mank. Pictures to follow soon....

Reply to this TR

11-21-source-lake-no-fog
alpymarr
2009-11-23 09:27:42