Home > Trip Reports > Nov 22 Hyak The Forgetable Tour

Nov 22 Hyak The Forgetable Tour

11/15/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Robie on 11/22/09 11:29am
  "The Forgetable Tour" almost as wet as the famous "Sponge Tour" .
It didn't seem to dampen people and dogs spirits though. KEN,HArry,Jeff and I joined about 30 others in making a lumpy hill even more lumpy. We did our first run way to the east in huge lumpy mashed potatoes. Frankly I found my best rythmatic turns on the cat road. A guy can only take dump lump humilation so long. We climbed up 3 times just to be sure it was reality. One good note for the day I never ran aground!
I was one of the '30' who slogged through the lumpy mess.  Worth 1 run and didn't go for seconds.  I have some photos but will save other readers from reliving their memories of the tracked out run.  I am guessing there was a good run there around 8 am.  Had to carry my dog across the creek which was almost filled in.

It wasn't that much better before 8. The snow probably got a little heavier after that but the face was still really bumpy. I haven't skied it much but it was worse than I remembered. Perhaps I have only been there with more coverage or maybe the recent grading after the slide caused that. It was still nice to have turns so close to town in Nov.

Are the silt fences covered up yet on the edges of the road grade?  Hyak management owes me a base grind.

Hmm, I missed them somehow. You should get your money back on your ticket.

Marcus~

The silt fences were covered up on Sunday morning...good luck on the base grind... ;D

Heh -- fortunately I got a full refund back at the car, and they paid for my beer in North Bend.

Half of that is true, half imagination.

Ha!  Hey Brent -- I can handle the belt-sander-level base grind myself, thanks ;)

Definitely on the skiing.  My schedule's finally starting to open up just in time.

Marcus- I can give you a great base grind with my belt-sander.
;-)
This is Brent, by the way. ...Of friends with B.J. fame. Let's go ski sometime after turkey day...

Reply to this TR

nov-22-hyak-the-forgetable-tour
Robie
2009-11-22 19:29:50