Home > Trip Reports > 11.21.09 Hourglass, near Mt. Rose

11.21.09 Hourglass, near Mt. Rose

11/15/09
Posted by kam on 11/21/09 4:33pm
Allyson and I took our daughter, Squeak, out for her first backcountry ski tour.  She's only eight months old and she has been with us for 3 months now, but something tells us she liked it!

At the parking area, we ran into Holly and her friends; Holly is one of Silas's friends.  Small world.
Not a cloud in the sky today.  Last night's storm left a good 12" of fluff, so the turns were good.  There's no base yet, and I was reminded of this by the occasional grinding noise between skis and rocks, twigs, and rodents.  The slopes on/near/around Hourglass were mostly tracked by early afternoon.

author=kam link=topic=14569.msg60939#msg60939 date=1258878834]
by the occasional grinding noise between skis  ... and rodents.

What? Turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, squeak, turn, turn, turn?

Looks like a great family day in the sunshine!

Squeak skiing tele? No poodling, now!

all i can say is weeeeeeeee!  fun day, even if there were a few boobie traps.  keep sending those pnw storms our way!! :)

It was great skiing with you yesterday.  Let's do it again!

Holly, thanks for your first Tay post!  I'm homesick for north lake country, hope to get back soon. The hourglass bowl is nice!  Kam, sweet shots as always!

Kam - your daughter has your eyes and nose!  Don't let her get on AT gear.  It will ruin her.

Rock on guys!  Great to see a pic of Squeak enjoying the snow.  Looks like a good snowpack is taking form in Tahoe ...

Reply to this TR

11-21-09-hourglass-near-mt-rose
kam
2009-11-22 00:33:54