Home > Forum > Nov 20, 2009, Crystal

Nov 20, 2009, Crystal

• altasnob
  • [altasnob]
More
20 Nov 2009 14:50 #215082 by altasnob
Nov 20, 2009, Crystal was created by altasnob
It looks like it rained up to the base of the Green Valley lift Thursday night with heavy, rain crusted mank below that. But above there were pockets of buttery smooth in the north facing, wind sheltered stashes. High Campbell opened around 11. Totally empty and totally untracked but it was wind affected styrofoam pow (still fun). Snowing hard well below the parking lot when I left at 1:00. Should be a good, and crowded, weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Nov 2009 23:43 #215083 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: Nov 20, 2009, Crystal

It looks like it rained up to the base of the Green Valley lift Thursday night with heavy, rain crusted mank below that. But above there were pockets of buttery smooth in the north facing, wind sheltered stashes. High Campbell opened around 11. Totally empty and totally untracked but it was wind affected styrofoam pow (still fun). Snowing hard well below the parking lot when I left at 1:00. Should be a good, and crowded, weekend.

thanks for the report Jay and sorry I didn't come. Hope to see you up there this weekend.

• Keith_Henson
  • [Keith_Henson]
More
21 Nov 2009 05:41 #215084 by Keith_Henson
Replied by Keith_Henson on topic Re: Nov 20, 2009, Crystal
Skiing down Gold Hills on Friday morning through shin high breakable was spooky. Fortunately, despite the flat light I was able to find some of the buttery powder but the flat light/whiteouts remained a challenge. Temperatures lowered during the day and the skiing was getting better every minute. Quit around 12:30.

Looks like the temps are going way up next week which may put a big "damp"er on the skiing over the holiday.

• Keith_Henson
  • [Keith_Henson]
More
23 Nov 2009 12:18 #215099 by Keith_Henson
Replied by Keith_Henson on topic Re: Nov 20, 2009, Crystal
Saturday, November 21 turned out to be a fabulous day at Crystal with very few people. Pictures here...

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
23 Nov 2009 15:57 #215100 by oftpiste
Replied by oftpiste on topic Re: Nov 20, 2009, Crystal
Nice line!

Friday was pretty damn nice.

Saturday, November 21 turned out to be a fabulous day at Crystal with very few people. Pictures here...