Home > Trip Reports > November 14, 2009, Hoodoo, OR

November 14, 2009, Hoodoo, OR

11/14/09
OR Mt Hood
Posted by stoudema on 11/14/09 11:53pm
Todd and I headed out to Hoodoo for the 2nd consecutive weekend and it did not dissapoint. We arrived in the parking lot just after 7am, and started up. They resort isn't open yet, but they are hoping for Thanksgiving.  Breaking trail wasn't too bad, but it was several feet deep in places. I was on my Never Summer splitboard and Todd was on teles. After an hour and fifteen minutes or so, we reached the top and scored this view of Three Fingered Jack and Mt. Jefferson...the riding in the bowls on Jack would be epic, but a killer to get to this time of year.

After snowing most of the week, the sun came out to play.  We were able to make two laps in the bowl before others started arriving.  Getting up early and breaking trail has it's benefits!  Snowpack elsewhere in the Central Oregon Cascade is still thin right now, so everyone is concentrated here. The snow was sweet, deep and light. Here's a shot...

We headed down to the truck for a beer and some grub, and decided to go back for another round. Skinning this time was quite a bit easier now that the track was packed down like a highway. More pow turns followed......

Overall, it was a sweet day and excellent snow.  5 laps off the summit bowl and as many freshies as our legs could take.  Too bad a pineapple is coming in the next few days or we'd be back for more!
Nice snow, nice shots!  Will have to keep that destination in mind for a retiree road trip.

Nice to see that the fun extended well down into OR this weekend!

Nice work, Talk about good conditions!

Reply to this TR

november-14-2009-hoodoo-or
stoudema
2009-11-15 07:53:04