Home > Trip Reports > Out of sight, out of mind Crystal 11/11

Out of sight, out of mind Crystal 11/11

11/15/09
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Kyle Miller on 11/12/09 6:27am
With all the chaos at the resort I decided I could wait a few days for my pass and instead hit some of the terrain on Upper mountain. Scotsman was kind enough to give me a ride as well as Stewie, Snowbell and Skierlyles. Our intention was to head North throughout the day and get the cleanest lines we could. Our Route was Sunnyside, Green Valley, Northway Peak then Morning Glory bowl before exiting via lucky shot. We were fortunate in the fact that we got first tracks down all the slopes but weren't able to make it back to Lucky shot before they opened upper mountain  :'(

It was a good day shared with good friends now ullr please bring more snow.
Click here for a full acount of the day
Thanks to our sponsor Scotty for the ride and laughs, Stewie for keeping him in line, Joe for his sense of humor (which apparently not all seem to get...), and Kyle for setting an awesome skin track! Great day out with good friends and awesome snow.

A few more pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/christopherlyles/CrystalOpeningDay?feat=directlink

Chris

Nice TR on the blog Kyle, thanks for writing it up.  I know that I will visit it in the dry season and try to conjure memories of that day.  I am glad that a few of our pictures turned out alright although they don't seem to do justice to the wonderful conditions.  I could hardly believe our luck with the sun and snow quality.

The line off Northway Peak will be my benchmark for powder turns this season.  So nice.

I am afraid I must have gotten a bit of powder up my nose as I am having a hard time focusing on anything but finding my next fix.

Reply to this TR

out-of-sight-out-of-mind-crystal-11-11
Kyle Miller
2009-11-12 14:27:08