Home > Trip Reports > Nov 8, Baker BC

Nov 8, Baker BC

11/15/09
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by RafMax on 11/8/09 10:29pm
My friends, the season has come! The reports looked good, but I had no idea that it was going be a sick pow day!

It certainly wasn't a secret stash though, lots of people.

Skied out of Heather Meadows and took a lap down Austins and went out to Table.  The coverage is about as good as it could be on Nov 8th, but still has some filling to do.

At one point we ended up in a slope littered with avy debris by Table and looked up to see a large crown, probably close to 2ft deep in a 40-50ft arching line. If the weather trend continues as it's supposed to I figure avy danger is going to get bad above 5000ft, hopefully NWAC will start reporting soon.

Ill post pics later.

Yes it was an amazing day!

More snow then I expected.

Good times..

Rafe, my man. Wish i woulda known you were up there! Looking forward to getting out with you.
That avy was set off by a dude we were skiing with. He caused it by airing into a terrain trap, even after being warned about slab activity. Even though it was a selfish move, it gets to be the warning sign to all my beloved Baker BC goons that even though it's early and the base is minimal, IT IS NOT SAFE. BE CAREFUL!

Sweeneycoolski! yeah man I wa wonderin if Id see you up there...Misty and I just cruised up on the fly. We'll get out soon for sure.

Reply to this TR

nov-8-baker-bc
RafMax
2009-11-09 06:29:51