Home > Trip Reports > April 11, 2004, Paradise Glacier, MRNP

April 11, 2004, Paradise Glacier, MRNP

4/11/04
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by BrentH on 4/11/04 9:04pm
Rich got a green-light e-mail from Kenji (see his TR, same location, one day previous). Rich and Roger climbed to Muir, while we old guys puffed to Anvil Rock. We met at the base of AR and skied the Paradise Glacier. Hard-to-beat conditions. Crevasses not evident yet. My last ski trip out here (moving to CT this week). What a nice send-off from the Big R-bo.
Think I only met you once or twice up Hawkins, but your knowledge and enthusiasm for the backcountry will be missed.

Thanks for the report, Brent.
Come back and ski with us regularly, eh?

Brent,

You will be missed around here.
Who will lead the annual pilgrimage to Adams?

Daryl

Brent ,Although I've only known you peripherily you have had a big influnence on my activities and on the advancement of backcountry skiing in this locale.
this is not a obituary just a hearty thanks.
At some point back east you will run into DANA  Dorsett
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Be sure a take a run with him.

Brent,

A few days ago Jill and I were driving past Mt. Shasta on our way to the eastern Sierras and it brought back memories of our ski descent of Shasta a few years ago.

I used to be an old eastern ski bum so I know you'll find plenty of places to make turns.

Keep turning them buddy - the alternatives are bleak.

Zap

You can at least check in here to see who is skiing  ;D

Maybe see you at Battle Abbey!!  Happy skiing  ;)

Brent, thanks for everything you have done for bc skiing in this area. Your trip reports from the eastern Alpine Lakes opened my eyes to the many possibilities in that region. And, as many people are probably aware, the existence of this TRs board is due to your years of running the TRs pages for the Mountaineers. It took me a while to catch on to how useful first-hand reports can be for planning a ski trip, but now I would feel lost without this kind of information (and probably would have much less success in finding good snow). I hope you will send in a occassional TR from back east.

Reply to this TR

april-11-2004-paradise-glacier-mrnp
BrentH
2004-04-12 04:04:08