Home > Trip Reports > august 13, 2009, ptarmigan ridge whiteout..

august 13, 2009, ptarmigan ridge whiteout..

8/13/09
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by bellingham allen on 8/15/09 11:19pm
left the trailhead under light fog with some visibility, got to the corner for chain lakes under greatly lessened visibility, got on the ridge to no visibility and wondered where we really were... then the rains came and the ice pellets too! still some patches out there on the ridge. never did see the pinnacle but we got some august turns anyway.  if only i could figure out how to post pics i've got some great shots of the fog and some ptarmigan and their mom that just acted like we were not even there....
"if only I could figure out how to post pictures" If a computer dinosaur like me can do it, anyone should be able.

1. dumb down your 3 choices to 200kb or less and place them somewhere on your harddrive that you can access through the "browse button" (I use my Documents on my Apple)
2. Click on "Browse" to pick your dumbed down JPGs
3. Do not use the Preview as you might lose your photos off of the TR
ps I think that it is useful to give a description of your photos in the TR. This photo of our goal for the day (Sholes Glacier) was taken earlier this month.
I hope that this was useful. I appreciate good photos accompanying trip reports.

Reply to this TR

august-13-2009-ptarmigan-ridge-whiteout
bellingham allen
2009-08-16 06:19:50