Home > Trip Reports > Finally Stashworthy July 26, 2009

Finally Stashworthy July 26, 2009

7/15/09
Posted by Don Heath on 7/26/09 3:08pm
     First - a confession.  Brad! I cheated on you.  I skied with strangers.  On secret terrain.  I succumbed to the seduction of secret knowledge.  When Mr. Jarvis says "Meet me at ***** at *:** AM for breakfast, and I'll take you to the stash", well, you don't ask questions. 

Ah heck, enough of the secrecy.  We met at Paradise or Longmire or Cougar Rock, and started hiking NESW.  We hiked for about 1 to 4 hours, mostly uphill - that should give you a clue.  And we found great snow!  Some nice 40 degree +/- snow, not too cuppy, about 800 VF. 

Well, I did give a blood oath at the parking lot (to mosquitoes).  But what a great day in the mountains!  We had a beautiful wildflower bordered trail hike, nice snow approach with just a couple of small carries, and then two sections of very ski able snow.  There was some wind and high intermittent clouds that kept the snow a little harder than perfect, but the trip with Ron Jeanette and Jerry was great.  We didn't see any other skiers the whole day.  There's still some good snow in the area, and the Paradise looks good coming down the far skiers left side.

A little minor mishap on the way back - Jerry & I sort of lost our shoes.  We wandered from rock to rock for a while.  But leave it to Ron & Jeanette to perform their legendary perfect navigation trick and they retrieved our shoes for us, and delivered them to us.

Now that I know where the stash is, I can take you.  I can't tell you, but I can take you, and I'm ready to go again anytime.  Skiing with Ron, Jeanette and Jerry is a party - Glacier Margaritas, non stop mountaineering stories and teaching, an icy cold beer at the parking lot, and some pretty good dirty jokes.  Regarding the dirty jokes... I can't tell you... but I can show you!  ;)
Ah, brings back fond memories of my first introduction to the fabled Stash.

Fun TR, Don.
Thanks for joining us on one of our favorites.

Some shots of the skiing:

JERRY:

DON:

JEANETTE:

Mor Photos HERE.

Jerry - your stash viddy file that Marco linked to must be corrupted (it stops). You may need to reload it. I have a copy if you can't find yours ;)

author=Rusty Knees link=topic=13888.msg58047#msg58047 date=1248674900] Regarding the dirty jokes... I can't tell you... but I can show you!  ;)

Not.....the folded towel tour de force....?

Hmmm, no, although we did hike down "en echelon", Ron didn't tell that one.  Maybe you could "show me that joke" some day.  ;)

be careful, Don the ways of Jarvis /MAdog  can be addictive. See looked what happened to JW ! Do not let yerself get spoiled in this fashion!

Robie, do you mean the "Margarita ala glaceau" or the relaxing pace?  Both of which I could really get used to.  Besides, you and I can never quite get our dance cards synched up :(  Let's keep trying...

wow!

great stuff. loved the pics. looks pretty darn smooth from where i sit. loved, the just hangin out pic especially. nice pace to be.

rog

OK, between JW's "corrupted" part of a video, the well-cropped Picasa pix, and meeting Amar when he let it slip that some of these characters were in the vicinity at the Stash a couple weeks ago, I think I'm getting this pretty well triangulated, right between Mt X, Mt Y and pt Z.  But from one Don to another, can we just go confirm my suspicions?

author=Don_B link=topic=13888.msg58108#msg58108 date=1248931395]
...from one Don to another, can we just go confirm my suspicions?

That's clearly the easiest solution, Don, of course after, you "cross your heart and hope to die" with the Stash Mantra :)

Reply to this TR

finally-stashworthy-july-26-2009
Don Heath
2009-07-26 22:08:20