Home > Trip Reports > July 20, 2009, Flett Glacier

July 20, 2009, Flett Glacier

7/20/09
Posted by sheispiste on 7/21/09 5:39am
One of the joys of being a teacher is the summer off. An added bonus to educators in the PNW is that summer is simply spectacular. Our teacher ski trip to the Flett Glacier was just that. Not bad for a Monday, huh?

With thanks to Snowdawg, telemak, and glenn_b, we knew that the Flett was a great destination for our day.  Spray Park was also in fine form with a plethora of new avalanche lilies, lush lupine, shooting star, paintbrush, and sickle-headed lousewort. There was more snow in the park than I remembered from who there.

The skiing was sweet and creamy!

More photos here:
hello
i was the solo skier, glad to hear you guys had a blast.  I figured I'd skip the TR without a camera and so many reports being posted already. No mention of the bugs?  Man,  those things ate me up something good. Thats what I get for taking too many breaks I guess. Look forward to running into you guys again soon!

Ruski, nice to meet you. The bugs were certainly buzzing, but a bout of deet  at the TH held them back from biting. cheers.

Nice photos Jessica  ;D, thanks for sharing.  The Flett is such a great area, to bad it's so far in there.  Actually it's not that far in, it's the trip out that seems to go on forever  ::).

Cool photos.  Glad you found some smooth turns.

From Mad Dog
Actually it's not that far in, it's the trip out that seems to go on forever  .

NOt if you stash a couple beers in the creek at the bottom of the switchbacks!

author=Robie link=topic=13863.msg57984#msg57984 date=1248396557]
From Mad Dog NOt if you stash a couple beers in the creek at the bottom of the switchbacks!

When I do that it gets DARK from the time I leave the creek until I get to the car.

- luv those rpts.  why are you 'piste', when you're off-piste - enjoy !!

Reply to this TR

july-20-2009-flett-glacier
sheispiste
2009-07-21 12:39:22