Home > Trip Reports > June 27-28, 2009, Mt Adams South Route

June 27-28, 2009, Mt Adams South Route

6/27/09
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by cornRIDE on 6/30/09 5:18am
well, made my first successful summit of a cascade volcano this weekend. there's lots of posts regarding Adams and the SW chutes and i have nothing more spectacular to add. We made the summit with all the dogs off the leash if you saw us! (huskie, puppy that wouldn't shut up, and a black lab) Justin also popped the ring at the summit to his long time girlfriend and caught us all by surprise. really memorable trip!

got in some really good vertical foot on my board in June and couldn't be happier that i am well on my way to TAY status!

sorry i have lurked for so long, you guys are admirable. especially you Kyle Miller! you are simply killing it this year!

on to hood next month! roped glacier travel this time! stoked!
Congratulations cornRIDE.
Did the SW chutes live up to your name?
I have a husky too but he only tours with other people more cool than me although he does allow me to drive him to the TH. Difficult breed! ;)

Groovy!  It was the weekend for kids and dogs up there.  The pup looked happy as hell.  Quite a mob scene on the summit.

awesome corn once down off the true summit! couldn't have asked for a better trip. looks like the chutes will be melted out within a week or so.... lot's of rock ollies went down!

summit was a zoo- i think between TGR, TAY and NWhikers.net there are 20 or so TR's. kind of amusing! glad everyone got out on a classic mountain ski trip!

If one is doing the standard route, the best line off the true summit is a 600 foot NE aspect pitch, skier's left of the standard climb route.  Best turns we had all day.

Reply to this TR

june-27-28-2009-mt-adams-south-route
cornRIDE
2009-06-30 12:18:34