Home > Trip Reports > June 10, 2009, Mt Andromeda, Skyladder

June 10, 2009, Mt Andromeda, Skyladder

6/10/09
Posted by skykilo on 6/25/09 3:20am
I took a vacation, a real vacation.  Two weeks no work!  After my bygone deadlines, the wedder here got worse, so I ran to the Canadian Rockies with Andy from CO.  We spent several days skiing Resplendent and high on Robson. 

North Face of Robson was looking nasty.

Then we cruised Icefields Parkway in search of other new (to us) lovelies.  Skyladder sings a potent siren-song from the highway:

Amazing access: I think it took us only 6 or 7 hours (can't remember) round trip to ski it.

Columbia Icefield is probably the most amazing thing to scatter light into my eyes yet.

The more I ski in Canada, the more I want to ski in Canada.  This rings even more true in the Canadian Rockies. 
Nice Sky...  It's an amazing area, no doubt about that.  Nice work.

Thanks for the "eye candy".  Just another one of your "meadow skipping" tours. ;)

I wanna go, take me!  8)

That terrain up there is off the charts!

Nice!

I biked the Jasper-Lake Louise road a few summers ago (very bike tour friendly, FWIW, including well-spaced hostels and local van services that can do a shuttle for you including dropping off food bags at each of your planned hostels, and nice rewarding hike options along the way), and our pal from Calgary who went with us just kept pointing out things she'd skied. And she's a pretty moderate skier - there were of course many additional notions that came to my mind. And I'm no Sky, so I can only imagine what notions were popping into your head.

Wow.  Still awesome pictures, still awe-inspiring trips!  Nice work!

They should have never given you suckas money!

6-7 hours round trip? What did you do with the rest of the day?

We spent the rest of the day (and some of the night) driving across BC to Vancouver.

I think I see a good line down the Emperor Face on Robson...

Sweet skiing (and great photos). That was one of my favorite climbing areas back in my 20s - the access to alpine goodness is like the alps. Wish I lived closer to do some spring skiing.

Hitting the Rockies classics.That North Face of Robson needs to get skied again.

nice to see that you and Canada are getting along Sky

It is good to see you've come to terms with Canada.  Will it last?

Nice pictures.  I used to spend a lot of time in that region, but I'm afraid I only climbed the Skyladder. 

Robson and the Icefields are fantastic places.

Reply to this TR

june-10-2009-mt-andromeda-skyladder
skykilo
2009-06-25 10:20:41