Home > Trip Reports > 6-16-09 Ts, Ps, and Bs

6-16-09 Ts, Ps, and Bs

6/16/09
Posted by Don Heath on 6/18/09 12:18pm
Our only goal was to not work, and maximize turns.  Six AM on a Tuesday.  No firm destination, but  the truck was full of gas, gear and IPAs. 

We had a bunch of options:
a.  Find the slot (see the TR by Teleskichica "Skunked again) Brad's a wee bit obsessed... 8)
b.  Chinook - but right or wrong, and since no one knows the "real" names up there...
c.  We aimed south to Telemark through the Tatoosh, armed only with input from Ron J, Wolfs and others.  Just the right mix of mystery, potential and adventure for us. 

I skied there once, years before, when my skiing was only accidental comedy, and Brad had never been.  There's so much inspiring terrain and all of it new to us.  And so we aimed for the Castle, and, well, you can watch the video if you have 5 minutes.

I could have summed up the trip like this:  We went up, down, up, up, down, up and down.
Pinnacle/Castle saddle, down the backside, up to the Pinnacle/Plummer saddle,  and up to the top of Plummer, all the way down the North side of Pinnacle, then up to the Pin/Castle saddle again, and down to the waiting Sierra Nevada's new brew, a delightfully tart IPA with a nice bitter hoppiness embedded in a lusty golden effervescence.  Circumnavigating any peak on my rusty knees is a good day in my book, and chugging two quick brews (my personal best) puts just the right buzz on a totally satisfying day.

Oh, we had the soft corn and all the terrain to ourselves.  We did meet the extremely enthusiastic Johann from Austria who headed up to the Unicorn.  We ran into him later at the Visitor's Center, regaling the polite Desk Ranger with pictures and exclamations.  Also met Steve - earning his turns down from Pebble Creek.  Howdy!

I'll buy you a beer next time we ski together if you count the Ts, Ps and Bs in this report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXGzvzJtYoE
Boom goes the Dynomite!!!! ;D
cool video, great catch phrase!

Nice Trip, Don; Nice viddy.

author=Rusty Knees link=topic=13663.msg57057#msg57057 date=1245381492]
Our only goal was to not work, and maximize turns.  Six AM on a Tuesday.  No firm destination, but  the truck was full of gas, gear and IPAs. 

I like your style, Rusty   ;)

Looked like fun! You know, Don, you could probably ski just as fast as Brad if you took 40 pounds out of your pack. ;D

Nice video! I was monitoring the weather up there all day yesterday wanting to go but couldn't because I had to let my epoxied ski "cure."

I'm thinking Johann from Austria is the guy I met on Tuesday who took pictures of me when I skied Unicorn Saddle.

Wish I had been there

Thanks for a great outing Don, and a well written trip report. I think this report gives more info on summer beer conditions than snow, but both are important factors in the Joy-O-Meter. Since it's likely that I'll ski with you again soon, and a little known fact about microsoft word is that it's autistic (or created by people with autism?) I'll gladly answer your request...

I'll buy you a beer next time we ski together if you count the Ts, Ps and Bs in this report.

Totals are:

T's = 122
P's = 26
B's = 22

What's up with the T's, P's, and B's anyhow? Mmmmm...tasty hoppy IPA...can't wait!

author=Moscawulff link=topic=13663.msg57086#msg57086 date=1245442661]
...a little known fact about microsoft word is that it's autistic (or created by people with autism?)

Actually Brad, just a little known fact computer software cannot be autistic.  Didn't know if you knew that... :D

author=Moscawulff link=topic=13663.msg57086#msg57086 date=1245442661]
What's up with the T's, P's, and B's anyhow? Mmmmm...tasty hoppy IPA...can't wait!

Yeah, maybe I should have explained that.  As I was writing it up, the alliteration struck me... Telemarking, Tatoosh, Plummer, Pinnacle, Peaks.  And the Bs, of course, all those lovely beers in the cooler.

I didn't think anybody would really count.  But I guess I underestimated my ski partner's desire for beer.  By the way, thanks for buying that last round!  ;D

everything but the grill!

I could have summed up the trip like this:  We went up, down, up, up, down, up and down.

Nice work
The only way it could have been better is with this sweet combination [up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, B, A]

author=Kyle Miller link=topic=13663.msg57108#msg57108 date=1245469800]

The only way it could have been better is with this sweet combination [up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, B, A]

Dude, don't foget select, start

Dude, what are you doing at home posting game codes on a Friday night?  ;)

Don, can I be a recipient too, just because I was out having a beer when Brad beat me to the count.  ;D

Enjoyed the video...

Nice entertaining TR!  Good times.  I like your style tour/ipa tasting!

Cheers

author=Teleskichica link=topic=13663.msg57115#msg57115 date=1245482646">
Dude, what are you doing at home posting game codes on a Friday night?  ;)

Wikipedia explains the Konami Code.

Reply to this TR

6-16-09-ts-ps-and-bs
Don Heath
2009-06-18 19:18:12