Home > Trip Reports > June 16, 2009, Pilchuck brush fest

June 16, 2009, Pilchuck brush fest

6/16/09
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by JimD on 6/17/09 3:22am
Shred and I headed up after my last day of school for what will be our last Pilchuck ski of the season. We foolishly took the ski route up and had some masocistic fun brush bashing through the first steep section, but then got on good snow.

The Gunsight was pretty melted out with no room for error. We skied the gully next to Larrison ridge, then had more brushy fun on the way down.

Good to see you again. We met last year at the top of Gunsight. I agree that Pilchuck may be close to done for the season. There's a big hole in the gully on the north side near the waterfall also. Summer trail is the best way up. Bushwacking down wasn't too bad though. Great father/ son trip for us.

Nice photos! Cory and I endured the bushwhack up Pilchuck yesterday (the 17th), but the ski-to-effort ratio was pretty low.  We didn't ski gunsight as we couldn't really see it or much of anything else in the fog.  Squeezed in about 1,000 vertical feet of suncup skiing from below the summit rocks and back to the mellow slopes on the north side, then hiked the summer trail out for a quick escape.  At least we didn't get rained on  ::)

You guys need to get up there and cut the trees and brush out !

author=B.G.S. link=topic=13651.msg57074#msg57074 date=1245419246]
You guys need to get up there and cut the trees and brush out !

Jeff has plans laid!

Reply to this TR

june-16-2009-pilchuck-brush-fest
JimD
2009-06-17 10:22:11