Home > Trip Reports > May 28-29, Fuhrer Finger

May 28-29, Fuhrer Finger

5/15/09
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by JimH on 6/11/09 1:57pm
First of all, I€™d like to thank Brotanicals, the body care system for Brahs, for making our trip possible. I€™ve been using the Brotanicals Moisturizing Herb-foliant to remove the dead, burnt skin on my nose and it€™s really helped to restore my natural complexion. The Herb-foliant has a special blend of mountain grown herbs and natural oils, specially formulated to breathe life back into your skin and prevent the 'scarred leper€™ appearance that misapplication of sunscreen can bring. It€™s a great product and I recommend it to all my brahs.

If you€™re forced to return to society on a regular basis after days or weeks of the alpen-gnar, then Brotanicals is the brand for you.

Our trip was pretty straight forward -> grab permit -> ski up the Nisqually (mind the slots) -> sleep 'til 3A -> crampon up the Finger -> weave through upper Nisqually-> enjoy the summit! -> ski aaaaall the way back down. Man that was fun! We thought about skiing to the Nisqually Bridge, but it was almost totally melted out lower down. We chose the pollen-slog back to Paradise instead, which went fine.

Here€™s a short video.  The views were endless.

http://www.vimeo.com/4993662

The finger is really a great line. There are a number of good pitches on the upper Nisqually as well, not to mention off the Fan and the Turtle. It€™s worth a day trip just to ski those pitches without overnight gear.

Also, sorry I wasn€™t timelier with the TR. All I can say about conditions now is that the glacier is probably getting pretty broken up lower down and I hope the Fan is more consolidated.

Kudos to Dan, Matt, Justin, and Andyrew for a strong climb, strong skiing, and a successful trip. Thanks for letting me come along.

Reply to this TR

may-28-29-fuhrer-finger
JimH
2009-06-11 20:57:11