Home > Trip Reports > June 8, 2009, Round Chair Peak

June 8, 2009, Round Chair Peak

6/8/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Garth_Ferber on 6/8/09 1:17pm
Almost called it off with no significant snow in sight at the I-90 exit. But the snow cover was solid and pretty smooth around Chair Peak today, except for a few short spots within the first mile. Skis stayed on the whole way except for a short bit at Bryant Col. Weather better than expected too. But the snow is going pretty fast near Alpental, there ain't no snow in the lowest few hundred feet of the area like I think I read in Zaps report of a few days ago.
oops photo of Snow Lake from near Chair Peak Lake.

Thanks for the conditions report Garth!
Looks like a good option for the weekend.

-Dave R

Thanks for the update and report of that area.  Any clue about whether the lake is still able to be crossed?

I would say that by next weekend there will be sections of booting in the Source Lake Valley and bare sections on the slope between Source Lake and what I would call Snow Lake Pass(?).

Melakwa and Snow Lakes were mostly solid snow and no problem to cross yesterday. We crossed Snow Lake along the looker's right side of the lake in the photo. The issue soon will be getting to them if you wish to do so on skis.

There were interesting melting patterns in the snow in Snow Lake which can sort of be seen in the photo.

Nice report Garth, thanks for the update.

Reply to this TR

june-8-2009-round-chair-peak
Garth_Ferber
2009-06-08 20:17:51