Home > Trip Reports > Mclaughlin, Bailey and Diamond

Mclaughlin, Bailey and Diamond

6/15/09
Posted by TeleHo on 6/8/09 9:48am
Three days and three peaks. Seattles Best and I pushed through the three peaks on Fri, Sat and Sun.
Great corn on McLaughlins East Face on Friday. The road is open to the trail head but you still are not able to get up to the lake. About 1700' of great turns and another 400' of picking our way through the woods

Friday night we made our way over to the Bailey trail head and hiked up on Saturday skiing the East bowl and down the avy path to a small logging road that provides a great exit back to the trail head. We managed about 1600 of the good stuff and took the skis off about 700 vert above the car.

Saturday we drove to Oakridge and up to the Corrigan Lake TH. Access is good on the road on the South side of the mountain. As of Sunday the access is still closed from Crescent lake. We ascended a Southwest ridge where crampons were nessarry most of the way up above treeline. Summited and skied a route back down the Southeast side of the ridge we had climbed up. I have skied the east bowls before and due to the limited access from the south missed out on them this time. We had some great turns but nothing like the goods on the East side.

I will post some pics later.
I have never heard of these mountains, are they in the north cascades?

He probably won't respond....  they are in southern Oregon Cascades...

author=skierguitarist link=topic=13584.msg56847#msg56847 date=1244920816]
He probably won't respond....  they are in southern Oregon Cascades...

McLaughlin is South of Crater Lake, Or. Northwest of Klamath Falls.

Bailey is North of Crater lake, search for Daimond Lake, Or. and you will find that it is adjacent to the lake on the west side.

Diamond is South of Hwy 58 near Crescent Lake, Oregon.

what is about those southern oregon cascaders? mountain folk who won't respond???

author=old school link=topic=13584.msg56872#msg56872 date=1245009673]
what is about those southern oregon cascaders? mountain folk who won't respond???

Lots of shy "hill folk down here".........

Reply to this TR

mclaughlin-bailey-and-diamond
TeleHo
2009-06-08 16:48:33