Home > Trip Reports > June 7, 2009, Silver Peak

June 7, 2009, Silver Peak

6/7/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by joecat2 on 6/7/09 8:46am
What a difference a couple days makes. Foggy, good run on West side, sticky coming out.
You passed us as we were applying WD40. We had our skis so slick that Ron was schussing over bare spots.

Nice!
Ron just told me he doesn't cover a lot of ground these days...

Joe, nice photo. Your graphite wax seems to be wearing off.

Ron, I like the technique you have for brushing off the pollen. I've crossed that brushy section over the years.  I actually have it as a waypoint.  ;)

Wow Ron!  Either there was massive melt the past 48 hours, or you took a more interesting route than we did on Silver?!  Hope you had fun and did not feel misled by my trip report, honestly we had only one spot to ski across brush and it was only three feet.

How high up can one drive?

author=Big Steve link=topic=13572.msg56650#msg56650 date=1244474018]
How high up can one drive?

Couple hundred yards short of where the PCT crosses the road at Windy Pass.
Also there's a couple of minor washouts where one might nervously inch across in a lower clearance vehicle.

author=silaswild link=topic=13572.msg56645#msg56645 date=1244438553]
Wow Ron! Either there was massive melt the past 48 hours, or you took a more interesting route than we did on Silver?! Hope you had fun and did not feel misled by my trip report, honestly we had only one spot to ski across brush and it was only three feet.

Naw, Silas, your conditions report seemed pretty much spot on to me...
We only had that one "brush ford" to do (which Robie go a shot of) and it wasn't much over three feet. Proly more today though. It's melting fast up there.

Reply to this TR

june-7-2009-silver-peak
joecat2
2009-06-07 15:46:18