Home > Trip Reports > May 30, 2009, Hidden Lake Peak

May 30, 2009, Hidden Lake Peak

5/30/09
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by RossMac on 5/31/09 3:16am
Chris, Sundy and Toby invited me for a romp on Hidden Lake Peak in Saturday's glorious weather.  Skiing was pretty slushy, but still very fun.  The views were glorious.  Road is driveable to a hundred yards before trailhead, but there is a large tree that will have to be cut.  Transition to skinning right where the trail hits the upper basin.  Great day out with a good crew
I still can't figure out how to post pictures to this site (computer illiteracy and old age) but pictures are here.  http://rossmac.smugmug.com/gallery/8393780_i2rP5#P-1-20
I have no idea where Hidden Lake Peak is,  Ross. Any interest in coming up to Baker this summer? I may head up to the Artist Point area this weekend.

I find that the hardest part of posting photos here is trying to chose only three shots from the 150 pictures that I took during the day. I am a computer dinosaur, so if I can understand the process I am sure that you can too. I have a Mac (it would be appropriate if you  also used one ;D). I export my three photos from my I-Photo files ,dumbed down to a close to 200KB (and not over) that I can to my Documents. Now it is simple to click on the Browse button to attach them to your TR. The picture's file name will appear; do not click on the preview button as this will screw up things for some reason. Good luck and hopefully we'll get out skiing together this summer.

It was nice to ski with you yesterday, Ross.  What was impressive was the amount of melt compared to last week.  A couple of photos:

Howdy RossMac and Tobae. I was the earlybird soloist. Nice to meet you folks even though names not exchanged. I presume you are the same Tobae who can stay within the same zip code as Monika on a trip?
I thought this bit of fun leading to the drainage was the best skiing of the day.
Was wondering if any of your party picked up much pollen on their bases on the lower drainage? With two runs down there, it was about as bad as I have ever had. This was after a fresh wax job with warmer spring solution. It was scraped and brushed completely. I have come to believe that either hard wax or nothing at all is best in these conditions.
The folks up the road at Cascade Pass yesterday seemed to have a similar pollen experience.

Yep -- intense pollen; will have to get it off the skis before the next trip.

Nice to meet you as well, Nick

Reply to this TR

may-30-2009-hidden-lake-peak
RossMac
2009-05-31 10:16:57