Home > Trip Reports > May 30, 2009, - Fuhrer Thumb

May 30, 2009, - Fuhrer Thumb

5/30/09
Posted by Pete_H on 5/31/09 2:06am
Climbed the Finger and skiied from about 13000' down the Fuhrer Thumb. Was more "technical" - a bit rock-strewn and less ripper than the Finger, but quite fun, nevertheless. Mandatory meat huckage over the schrund at the bottom. My compatriots skied the Finger and said it was good. Definitely less snow this year than recent years at this time around the Finger and Thumb, but still good coverage through the Upper Nisqually. Sorry no Pic's.
That was a nice line! We noted the schrund huck and spent some time analyzing your turns while we packed up before the ski down. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

Glad you had a good ski.

Congrats to all the brohams getting it on Rainier this weekend.  Luckily for me, my hate is on hiatus despite inability to escape the city - wreck beach was a good change of pace.

Nice. Glad you got to check that place out. Quite a scene, huh?

Nice line Pete. I did a double take on the way out- wasn't expecting to see tracks down the thumb because of that schrund.

Nice Pete. Thanks to Pete, Gus, and Tony for a great trip. We skied from the summit circa 11:30 and found ripper conditions below around 13.5K. Here are some pics from the trip.

Can't seem to figure out how to post thumbnails from picasa.

Pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/casruff1/RainierFuhrerFingerMay09?authkey=Gv1sRgCKrN8MPa9IWc7gE#

Nice Pete!  Kyle and I saw your tracks down the thumb and were duly impressed with the Schrund hopping!

author=casruff link=topic=13490.msg56274#msg56274 date=1243882894]
Nice Pete. Thanks to Pete, Gus, and Tony for a great trip. We skied from the summit circa 11:30 and found ripper conditions below around 13.5K. Here are some pics from the trip.

Can't seem to figure out how to post thumbnails from picasa.

Pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/casruff1/RainierFuhrerFingerMay09?authkey=Gv1sRgCKrN8MPa9IWc7gE#

Congrats Casey for getting that monkey off your back! Sounds like you had a pretty chill time. Good pictures too.....

author=jwplotz link=topic=13490.msg56278#msg56278 date=1243884710]
Nice Pete!  Kyle and I saw your tracks down the thumb and were duly impressed with the Schrund hopping!

Damn. Nice job on the Kautz. That looked bitchin.

We admired those tracks on the way out.  Nice work.

Reply to this TR

may-30-2009-fuhrer-thumb
Pete_H
2009-05-31 09:06:27