Home > Trip Reports > May 23-24, Anvil, Par.Gl, Nisq.Chutes,GoldenGate

May 23-24, Anvil, Par.Gl, Nisq.Chutes,GoldenGate

5/15/09
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by alpymarr on 5/25/09 1:11pm
Went up to Muir SF for a solo overnight trip. Finally! Graduate school is gripping me like a vise and this was the first chance to get out and exercise/ski/enjoy oneself. Made bad time to just below Anvil on Saturday, as my current physical condition needs some work. Set up the bivy and enjoyed dinner and sunset before going to sleep, it got really cold really fast! Took a quicky lap before bed on some weird verglass-ish snow. Woke up and skinned up to Anvil, has a refreshment, and dropped in off the skiers left side of Anvil onto Cowlitz/Paradise Glacier. Skied that till it was time to traverse over to Nisqually Chute, and had a "should I be skiing this by myself?" moment. Oh well, sometimes you just gotta give in. Glad I did. Super hero corn all the way to the moraine. Skinned from there to the top of Pan and skied backside pan in mashed corn, which quickly gave way to glop in the golden gates. All in all a magnificent trip, and one of the mo'betta descents of Nisq.Chute in recent memory.
Nice. I wish I could have gone up there too. Snow looks good and so does the oil can. I'll try to get up there for late July/ Aug for a climbing trip after I buy my sorry ass some new boots.

-P

Reply to this TR

may-23-24-anvil-par-gl-nisq-chutes-goldengate
alpymarr
2009-05-25 20:11:42