Home > Trip Reports > May 25, 2009, Hidden Lake Peaks

May 25, 2009, Hidden Lake Peaks

5/25/09
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by Glorificus Adventum on 5/25/09 11:32am
I don't see a ton of postings from this area and it is beyond me as to why. Such epic country just outside of Marblemount! At any rate, after four wheeling through some snow patches was able to drive within about a half mile of the trail head. First part of trail still had a fair amount of snow allthough the first stretch of trees is completely dry (about 300 v. ft) and then it gets filled in.... sort of. There are dozens of little streams undercutting the snow pack so tread carefully  ;D. Next time I would have opted for dropping down to the shoulder of Sibley creek (at first stream crossing via trail) and following it up, there by saving yourself the pain of the forest. Once out of the forest I moved right along. Few outher ski tracks and lots of boot tracks. Hung a right at the foot of the basin to gain the upper area and then headed on up. Didn't go to Hidden Lake, but continued up the fall line to a notch at about 6000ft. Great views though the ride down was sloppy at first, then manageable butter, and then it turned into super thick mush at about 5000ft. The lower basin had plenty on pollen which really slowed me on the way out. Still a great day with awesome views. would recommend in a few weeks when its melted out to the trail head and hopefully with a firmer snow pack.

Reply to this TR

may-25-2009-hidden-lake-peaks
Glorificus Adventum
2009-05-25 18:32:33