Home > Trip Reports > May 16, 2009, Broken Top

May 16, 2009, Broken Top

5/16/09
Posted by harg on 5/21/09 6:04am
long-time reader, first time writer. incidentally, where are all the OR skiers and shredders at, seems like its all WAians around here. anyway, me and three buddies skipped past some of the goods and went straight to the main headwall inside the BT crater. got there at a little before 9am, which was lagging considering the warm temps. lots of evidence of slide activity from last week's rain cycle, but all point slides or fallen cornices, no sign of slabs. got my first turns in 9 o'clock chute at a little after 9 o'clock, which was just a coincidence. heavy sluffing within the walls, which turned each turn into a controlled slide, but it was a blast and the exit snow was purrrrrrfect corn, which was good since there was speed to burn. persistant rockfall turned DMc back from an attempt on 11 o'clock, and prevented us from skiing anything on the headwall the rest of the day. regardless, the boys lapped a bunch of runs throughout the bowl in mostly fantastic corn, went thru a lot of sunscreen and had an overall awesome time in an awesome place.
Looks like a sweet day trip.

Does it count if my heart is in Oregon?

Reply to this TR

may-16-2009-broken-top
harg
2009-05-21 13:04:37