Home > Trip Reports > Kempers-The Forbidden Fruit 5.3.09

Kempers-The Forbidden Fruit 5.3.09

5/15/09
Posted by Joedabaker on 5/4/09 12:06pm
Crystalfest was a great get together. I was trying to enlist any pseudo poachers to go do Kempers since it is off limits and permanently closed during the ski season.
Kyle was rumoring that Kempers is still forbidden even though the area is closed.
My insidious sales approach had a few takers, but libations took over their inspirations and they lost their hiking legs. Amar told me that the skiing would not be good, he had a valid point, but the deed still needed to be done.

I rallied up the ridge to the top of six, trying to warm the deep chill that one gets from standing around for 3 hours. Clouds were doing some half ass push ups off the summit, but I relentlessly forged on like a mad scientist knowing that nothing can stop me now!
Standing at the top of the Forbidden Fruit, yes Kempers, smooth silky in all it's untouched Styrofoam glory would be mine! I looked around to see if any authorities were watching me before I entered into Poachers Paradise.

I dropped in and the snow felt a little funky,  I thought Amar was right. But surprisingly the next turn was easier to manage and the rhythm continued for 60 more turns until it became to much work. I placed on my skins and snuck out through the trees trying to be as stealth as possible.
Morning Glory and Brand X provided a fantastic getaway for the perfect crime.
Kyle, Sorry that I could not share the turns and suspense of the moment with you, but evidently even Team Cascadia has a limit to it's adventurism!  ;)
Joe,  Might have done that same tour about same time last year, maybe. 8)  It is quite a ride and may, or may not, do it again this year.

you know what they say, the steeper the berry the sweeter the juice!

or something like that.

author=Joedabaker link=topic=13236.msg55128#msg55128 date=1241492791]
Kyle was rumoring that Kempers is still forbidden even though the area is closed.
Kyle, Sorry that I could not share the turns and suspense of the moment with you, but evidently even Team Cascadia has a limit to it's adventurism!  ;)

Its just something I heard from our friendly local Park Ranger   ???
and the limit to my adventurism is when I start mixing large quantities of Alcohol with B.C. touring  ;)

Joe I look forward to touring with you soon and i'm still game for tour we were talking about.

author=Kyle Miller link=topic=13236.msg55152#msg55152 date=1241545356]
and the limit to my adventurism is when I start mixing large quantities of Alcohol with B.C. touring  ;)

Joe I look forward to touring with you soon and i'm still game for tour we were talking about.

That's what I figured, but it made for a fun ribbing.  :D
Yes, let's keep on it, the weather window is kind of questionable with new snow and such..

author=Kyle Miller link=topic=13236.msg55152#msg55152 date=1241545356">

there's this on the Crystal website: Permanently Closed Areas in which there are allusions to legal sanctions for skiing there. However, I wouldn't think these would apply after the resort is closed.

"Before entering these areas potential violators are encouraged to consider that if you survive, you may be liable for criminal reckless endangerment charges, including the possibility of civil liability and prison time."

If you can't do the time, don't ski the line.

Reply to this TR

kempers-the-forbidden-fruit-5-3-09
Joedabaker
2009-05-04 19:06:31