Deception Peak, The Sphinx, Mt. Price-April 26/09

4/15/09
Posted by Mtraslin on 4/30/09 1:49pm
Deception Peak, The Sphinx, Mt.Price-Trifecta

April 26/09
Asc 5960 feet
7:52 dur 15 km
Andy Traslin, Sky Sjue, Hannah Carrigan

Once again we woke up to clear skies, I was feeling pumped to climb some peaks. So I took off for Deception Peak via the NW slopes first skinning and then crampons on the firm snow for the last 200 feet of steep pitch. Once on the summit you get amazing views 360 degrees of all the ranges and especially Garibaldi. All on a small perch to change from crampons to ski mode. From here ski off the summit on steep firm conditions and then wrapped around an opening to access The Sphinx.Here is where I met up with Sky and Hannah and we climbed up the west ridge. There were a few mountain goat tracks leading out to check out a cornice, maybe they we're thinking of dropping in right there. Followed the tracks to the summit. From the summit we skied from the Sw exposed top over to the s slopes. Then wrapped around into Phoenix glacier, and a nice cruise down the sentinel glacier to Garibaldi lake. From here I took one more side trip up the SE slopes of Mt.Price The summit and descended from the summit
down NE slopes to finish the triple.

Photos at this post

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30502

I logged under the wrong name, It was acutally a trip report by
Andy Traslin.Who cares a lot. Faith no More.

Reply to this TR

deception-peak-the-sphinx-mt-price-april-26-09
Mtraslin
2009-04-30 20:49:51