Home > Forum > New Northwest Avalanche Center blog

New Northwest Avalanche Center blog

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
08 Mar 2004 15:39 #169020 by Charles
New Northwest Avalanche Center blog was created by Charles
This is from Gary Brill (can't get posting to work) via Joe Catellani:<br><br>"The Northwest Avalanche Center (www.nwac.noaa.gov) has started a new blog through its support group, Friends of the Avalanche Center at:

www.avalanchenw.org/blog/ <br><br>The purpose of this blog is two create a forum wherein backcountry users can report observed snowpack conditions ( NOT TRIP REPORTS ) from their travels. It is hoped that this forum will allow backcountry skiers & boarders, snowshoers, climbers and snowmobilers to become better informed before they go out. <br><br>Friends of the Avalanche Center is likely to become an increasingly important resource for backcountry users in the future as it helps the NWAC to maintain funding in an era of short-sighted budgetary goals. Backcountry users should consider joining the Friends group."<br><br><br>I took a look at this and it should be very useful. I will see about getting a link to it to appear in the TRs header. There are several recent reports, one from today, and hopefully it will continue to grow (and make these TRs obsolete?). Charles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2004 00:27 #169022 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: New Northwest Avalanche Center blog

... "The Northwest Avalanche Center (www.nwac.noaa.gov) ... blog ... and hopefully it will continue to grow (and make these TRs obsolete?).  Charles

<br>Naw, Charles, your TR section is here to stay. Different animal. We're all hooked on it.<br>While it is definitely useful to have available snowpack info in the TR, folks like to read more than that. I can see folks going to the blog, reporting snowpack conditions to help the nwac, then copying the blog info and expanding it into a full blown TR for TAY.<br>I see it making the TR's better and helping nwac as well.<br>Great idea, Gary, or who ever came up with it at friends of nwac.

More
09 Mar 2004 01:25 #169024 by JMor
Replied by JMor on topic Re: New Northwest Avalanche Center blog
Great site, thanks for providing us BC lovers with another set of useful tools to add to our "favorites". ;D

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Mar 2004 15:00 #169037 by Lowell_Skoog
Replied by Lowell_Skoog on topic Re: New Northwest Avalanche Center blog
Don't worry about TAY becoming obsolete, Charles! It's a great site.<br><br>I think Garth Ferber at the NWAC came up with the blog idea.