Home > Trip Reports > March 30, Point 5???s on Heather Ridge

March 30, Point 5???s on Heather Ridge

3/15/09
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by telemack on 3/30/09 1:29pm
    I met up w/skybum in Gold Bar and he convinced me to go to the same lines off the NE and NW above Skyline Lake that he had ridden yesterday.  We were not disappointed:  solid skin tracks, no folks out on a Monday, plenty of fresh lines left, and over-the-head shots. 
    First line was off the NW of point 5447 for great surfin'.  We took a skin-highway up to the saddle W of the lake, then decided to get to the top of point 5482.  Way too much steep snow to boot or skin, so we used a shovel and rock moves to trench to the ridge and hack through the cornice.  We were on top for the highest cloud ceiling of the day.  Hucking big snow blocks down the lee aspects caused only sluffs of about 5".
    Back to the tele and split, we cut into an E-facing chute.  We followed Scott's same out-tracks from Sunday to Nason Creek and the Yodelin houses, then out the sno-mo road to a hitch back. 
We finished with several lift runs at Stevens. 
    Which is Moonlight Bowl???
Awesome day out! Great work with the shovel on the way up 5482.

more here

Nice pic from above Skybum!!!  That was tight working those new lines on Sunday.  Glad to see that you got out again and hit it hard.  Wish I was there!

Where the old tracks filled in from wind/new??

Nice work guys!! Love the photo from up above too!  Mack, the Olympics are still looking good from my vantage points. I'm ready anytime.

Thanks guys! I still need to work on my camera settings. Doesn't really show the ridge line well.

author=Ride_fly_bike_live link=topic=12866.msg53641#msg53641 date=1238482237]
Nice pic from above Skybum!!!  That was tight working those new lines on Sunday.  Glad to see that you got out again and hit it hard.  Wish I was there!

Where the old tracks filled in from wind/new??

Collective work and knowledge from Sunday made for another solid tour with some variation on Monday. Would have been nice to have you along. Only an inch or so of new snow fell, and the winds didn't do much to the tracks. We did not encounter any of the instabilities we did the day before. Ended up hitting one of the chutes we where looking up from the skin track.

Dog....  Don't let J know.  He'll accuse you of given up the goods!  Lot's more to explore there and hopefully a few more weeks this year before the corn!  Timewise, Sat looks best this week!

sounds like a fun trip!

Hey Mack,

Theres' getting to be alot of pictures of your backside on TAY!  You're gonna have to start fighting back with your own camera. ;)

Great Trip, you guys!

Mack,

nice work getting out there and getting the goods. looks like you were up there showing off some rock moves.

Chris

Reply to this TR

march-30-point-5-s-on-heather-ridge
telemack
2009-03-30 20:29:53