Home > Trip Reports > March 26, 2009, Slot Col

March 26, 2009, Slot Col

3/26/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by bobS on 3/27/09 6:29am
Dawn-patrollers Cornfed and Ari were packing up to leave as Skierlyles, TeleK and I got ready to head up Mt. Snoqualmie. A thin and softening crust topped 18€ -24€ of medium density new snow. Snow in the slot was deep, slightly heavy and churned by previous skiers. But it was still very skiable as a lot of redistribution from turn-sluff evened things out nicely. Wind slab on skier€™s left and a runnel against the cliff face skier€™s right left a fairly narrow corridor for turns down the couloir. Man it is awesome in there!
Stoked form the Slot we ate lunch, watched 4 skiers zig-zag up the steep exit and enjoyed some port courtesy of Kam.  The apron held untracked lines a plenty so we lapped it before skinning up the exit. High clouds had been thickening all day and they seemed to keep the worst of the sun off the descent back to Alpental although we did notice a couple of wet slides on the upper slopes.

Oh yea, a big thanks to Lisa for helping to put this group of new friends together! We€™re bummed that you couldn€™t make it  :(
Looks like we missed out! Nice meeting you guys.

Ari- It was good to see you and Rob up there too.
I met you skinning up there last April (I think) when we had that super light pow. If I remember correctly you and Rob got first tracks down the Slot while we headed to the Crooked.

Ari, we should have got those 1st tracks - screw the time factor!

Good looking turns there in your photos.

Dang!

Glad you guys had a good time and finally hit the slot, its a magical area indeed.  I figured you all would hit it off, glad to hear it.

Dawn Patrollers (Ari, Haggis, and others)- thanks for setting a nice uptrack, and leaving us more of the slot to ski for ourselves

Lisa- thanks for the beta on partners

Kam and Bob- good times!

Chris

watched you guys rip down the apron from the skin track
Nice work she was a beauty

Kyle- Thanks for testing out the avy conditions in the slot ;D
Here are a couple shots of you guys on the way out.

Reply to this TR

march-26-2009-slot-col
bobS
2009-03-27 13:29:43