Home > Trip Reports > March 25, 2009, Skitntind (Tromso)

March 25, 2009, Skitntind (Tromso)

3/25/09
Posted by silaswild on 3/25/09 12:44am
This report is for a friend who does not want to blemish his record of never posting to tay.  The day was crisp and bright this AM in Tromso, tho there was a bit of a chilling 6m/sec wind (we think that's about 12mph in English.)  Rob and Jordie headed off for the half hour drive west of Tromso to this peak near the one I reported last week.  At the trailhead they found blue sky and no wind and a nice track broken for them.  The run down was nearly knee deep.

Meanwhile I continued to be humbled by the Norwegian flu I got last Thursday, constant course of 2mg of ibuprofin per day, my weight is down about 8lbs, but I would not suggest this as a weight reducition program.  After about two hours walking around town from the hotel, I began to shiver and fever up again, headed back to warm up and sleep.  Hope to get a few days touring in up here before we have to leave the Arctic circle Wednesday for central Norway.
Sorry you've gone ill!  How much longer are you travelling?

Your friend has some odd personal records, but excellent taste in ski terrain :)

Hope you feel better soon! :).

Hope you start feeling better soon and are able to get some turns in before you leave. 

Reply to this TR

march-25-2009-skitntind-tromso
silaswild
2009-03-25 07:44:57