Home > Forum > Dynafit Comfort VS Tourlite Tech Feedback

Dynafit Comfort VS Tourlite Tech Feedback

• gregL
  • [gregL]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
23 Feb 2004 10:25 #168945 by gregL
Now that the Tri-Step toepiece controversy seems to have been solved by Dynafit taking it off the market, I would be interested in feedback from people who have used both heelpieces - specifically, do the 2mm longer pins in the Comfort heel seem to give you a substantial security margin when the ski counterflexes, has anyone had problems with the plastic heel support breaking or cracking, and is the new heelpiece generally worth the slight weight and $$$ penalty? Or should I just stick with the tried-and-true Tourlite Techs? Adjustability fore and aft is not an issue, I don't generally let anyone else use my skis . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2004 11:01 #168946 by ron j
Being a long time owner/operator of all 3 versions I feel reasonably qualified to say that the original TT's have sufficient security margin for the purpose you mention, at least in the "geezer ski mode" in which I normally ski.<br>That said, I would only buy the TT's over the Comforts if I were putting them on narrower skis (75 mm or less at the waist). Like you, I find the extra length adjustment of the later model heel assembly of little value.<br>Nonetheless, my being a brake, rather than a strap person (except during roped glacier travel) I would go for the Comforts due to the availibility of the wider brakes and ski crampons (I wish they even had wider ones).<br>I have broken one of the "volcano" upper heel lifts on the tristep/comfort heelpiece, however it was my own fault due to my abuse of the equipment (trying to rotate the heel piece with my ski pole from downhill to tour mode against the brake without holding the brake pad down) rather than a defect in the binding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.