Home > Trip Reports > March 15, MRNP, White Pass sacrifices to Ullr

March 15, MRNP, White Pass sacrifices to Ullr

3/15/09
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by alpymarr on 3/17/09 2:10pm
Wanted it. Bad. Hoped to tour around Paradise and they said 1pm opening. OK, its staying light longer and provides plenty of turns with a proper itenerary. Headed there round 12n, and was informed that they would not open. Great. Turned around and saw the sign for White Pass......can make a half day out of it right? Headed to Morton and 12 and headed east. Dumping hard and tons of cars headed down. Got to the area and parked front row lodge front. Sick. Tons of new, but not the pow I've been treated to lately. Oh well, back to WA skiing again (even though I live here, seems to have been continental conditions lately). Skied hard for the duration of my half day..it was good. Caught last chair at 3:59 and headed out. My transmission went out about 10 miles pass side of Morton. Lame. Hope that counts Ullr. Waited 4 hours at the Chevron in Morton for a tow back to Oly. More lame. Not sure on the damage yet. I kept saying "things I do for powder skiing".....its still worth it. Classic moments, it happens. Hope to get the rig back up for spring skiing....

Reply to this TR

march-15-mrnp-white-pass-sacrifices-to-ullr
alpymarr
2009-03-17 21:10:21