Home > Trip Reports > March 14 Hogback mt White pass.

March 14 Hogback mt White pass.

3/15/09
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Robie on 3/14/09 5:26pm
Excellent shin deep powder on North facing and ridge shaded  ,Sun crusty under 2" all points south aspects. Snowing heavy as we left around 4pm. Looks like around 7"more since then so crust and  up and down  tracks most likely covered. Avy conditons stable then ,caution due tomorrow.
Forgot to add that the one way lift ticket is now $20
20 bucks for a one way is excessive.  Still, I believe they are one of the few that will do it.  I'd be curious to know of other regional 'resorts' that sell a one pass pass.  Heavenly actually gave me a free once-up pass a couple of years ago.

I remember Brighton in big cottonwood canyon did. Crystal did or maybe still does only if you go to guest services. Not sure if that still exists.
Snoqualomie sells a nordic pass that allows a one way ride up Hyak chair (oops now gone ) and Silver fir. Thanks to Brent Hostletter reports from years ago he clued me into the Nordic Pass. The Nordic pass at that time was $12 for two rides Hyak or Silver fir. We used to leave our packs at the top of the lifts ,take a warm up run and then head out into the MT Catherine ,Divide Mt, Nordic pass Silver peak area for some serious tree skiing. Today that same pass is $17 ( seniors and youth $15 for one run.).One more before I  forget is Timberline .Can't remember what we paid but we bought a one way to climb up into the crater and ski down.It's also not unknown for resorts to offer one ride tickets for the skier to access the conditions and then refund that toward a days lift ticket.
Often one way lift prices aren't posted up on menu boards. If interested just ask .
I tend to agree with you that $20 is too much.  $15 in this day and age  sounds about right to me.

Awesome snow at white this weekend. I Couldn't believe how much snow fell! Incredible rewards for all and good snow building for spring.

I hope this isn't out of date - but Anthony Lakes in Eastern OR is legendary for the one-ride to the goodness.

Peteyboy a tip of my old skinny skis to ya ! I Just checked out thier website and they still have the one way ride.  priced at $6! Keeping it real I'd say!
A day of cat skiing for $199. I love thier motto/slogan  "where powder is a reality"

Reply to this TR

march-14-hogback-mt-white-pass
Robie
2009-03-15 00:26:46