Home > Trip Reports > February 21, 2004, Kendall

February 21, 2004, Kendall

2/21/04
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by hack on 2/21/04 12:36am
left first hill around six. parked in the snoq parking lot. and headed back on the trail keeping kendall ridge on my right. there was a really hard crust on everything. great views of red and lundin etc. didn't see any body until i started the climb up. then a friendly snowshoer named wolfgang passed me up. the snow got considerably better as i climbed and was not too different than mw888888 and i found monday morning on a different part of kendall. the crust had mostly dissappeard about 400ft from the ridge. had lunch in a saddle below the ridge. and saw wolfgang wave to me from there. he glissaded down and said that he thought the cornices were too ugly to continue any higher than the ridge. i made for the ridge and saw his tracks turning around pretty close to what may or may not have been the summit, (i am just being honest about my routefinding skills.) beautiful views east. I took off the skins, got in my stinkbug stance and paramarked the heck out of that slope. part of the bowl sluffed off ahead of my ski cut so i stuck rather close to my uptrack and the trees. i got back to the car just before 1pm.

Reply to this TR

february-21-2004-kendall
hack
2004-02-21 08:36:40