3/10/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Stimbuck on 3/11/09 2:39am
"Oh solo mission
Cover of dark
Army of one now, don't let down your guard"
-Phish-

Phantom of the Alpera

I couldn't resist the beautiful light on Mt. Snoqualmie as the day was ending.  After a good day on the lifts I still had a bit in the legs, so on with the skins and up the phantom for some night skiing. 

There are many nights when the lights from Alpental illuminate the Phantom, not as many with great powder, and fewer still with a full moon.  Combine the three and it made for a surreal experience.

Cheers,

Stimbuck
Stimbuck - not sure if you put the trail in to the top of Snoqualmie - but thanks to you or whoever did - used it for a good cause this morning.  Quite pleasant run down the Slot and then a still pleasant run down the Phantom (even the waterfall was good).

new to touring in the area, but not new to touring...would love to know how to access this....drop me a line This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I put 2k of the track in after work on Monday (the snowing slowed way down around 5pm).  No worries, I've taken my share of free rides going up through there.  Feels good to give back.

Uh huh...SLot was goood, tanks for du road up.

As of yesterday the 12th around 2ish the phantom was quite a bit more thick and chewy. The sun was really cooking it. On some steeper parts a ski cut would send a sluff down, perhaps enough to knock someone off their feet, but it wasn't really slab like. It was still beautiful up there in all that sun.

Reply to this TR

march-10-2009-mt-snoqualmie-phantom
Stimbuck
2009-03-11 09:39:01