Home > Trip Reports > Hogback 3/8 and 3/9

Hogback 3/8 and 3/9

3/15/09
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by filbo on 3/9/09 11:52am
Snowy conditions with epic pow on the steeps NNE faces.  Dug a pit to check things out since Wednesday and the fluff on top of the nicely settled snowpack made for stable conditions and over the knee skiing.  It;s so good ditching work tomorrow to catch the predicted sun, cold temps, and deep snow.
Thanks Filbo, always helpful to have those reports. We were headed that way on sunday but at Elbe we made the decision to go to Paradise because of the roads. I should be there sat with a group from Tacoma.
What's the current price of a one way ride ?

author=Robie link=topic=12598.msg52586#msg52586 date=1236694251]
Thanks Filbo, always helpful to have those reports. We were headed that way on sunday but at Elbe we made the decision to go to Paradise because of the roads. I should be there sat with a group from Tacoma.
What's the current price of a one way ride ?

If I'm not mistaken it is now $20 as I ran into some bc skiers back there from Hood last year and they were commenting on the high cost for the one ride up.  It used to be 10 bucks prior to that but with all the bad feeling between the ski co. and the preservationists on the expansion issue I guess this was a way of getting back at the people who make the most of the beautiful hike to terrain or else it helps pay for the gigantic expense of having a terrain park and all the extra cost it requires to maintain it.

Last year it was either $14 or 15 which was barely tolerable.

Reply to this TR

hogback-3-8-and-3-9
filbo
2009-03-09 18:52:58