Home > Trip Reports > March 8, 2009, Snoqualmie Pass

March 8, 2009, Snoqualmie Pass

3/8/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Lisa on 3/9/09 7:55am
Victor and I had plans to ski Stevens until Saturday night when I suggested we tour at Snoqualmie Pass.  Having just enjoyed a short tour that afternoon with Kathleen, aka (Jupiter) on Kendall Stump in knee deep powder with the hill to ourselves, I was keen on returning where stability and snow were favorable combined with a shorter drive.

I was elated to find a deep ski track already set and not have to forge through the snow again as Kathleen and I had done on Saturday.  Clouds and sun periodically took turns making appearances and only light snow fell when it did. 

Half way up we ran into Wes and his two friends and joined them for some laps.
The first lap west, yielded great turns with much tree negotiation.  Lap two south, had a bit heavier snow.  Lap three to the east was the best of the whole day as bursts of joy could be heard from us all. 
We ended the day back in town with a drink and a dip in Wes€™s hot tub.  Sorry no photos of that. ;)
Your lucky you didn't try Stevens I can't remember when I've seen such a mob :-[. It was total chaos and no parking we had to park at Smith Brook and settle for a tour up to the lake. Looks like you got th goods ;D. It may be the $75 spring pass Stevens is selling.

author=skimac link=topic=12591.msg52554#msg52554 date=1236643483]
It may be the $75 spring pass Stevens is selling.

Or maybe it was the 18" and bluebird  ;)

I take it your tendon is doing better ;D Glad to hear it Lisa

Nice!  Glad to hear the NW is getting some good stuff finally.  Almost makes me wish I were home.  Now all we need is kaiser schmarm and apfel strudel in North Bend, maybe Martin can start a restaurant? ;)

Reply to this TR

march-8-2009-snoqualmie-pass
Lisa
2009-03-09 14:55:08