Home > Trip Reports > March 6, 2009, Snoq Pass Powder Fest

March 6, 2009, Snoq Pass Powder Fest

3/15/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Salal on 3/6/09 3:04pm
Stability was pleasing and the snow was deep and light. Stayed off anything that had seen the sun and stuck to N and E slopes. Steep trees filled with powder. I didn't stop to pull out the camera much but here are three of the ten photos I took.

Where'd you go?  Or did you ski ALL of Snoq Pass (as the title implies)?  ::)

Laps on radio and catherine and off of silver down the east face to twin lakes out cold creek to hyak..so I guess almost all of the south side of the pass ;) Sorry I don't own a gps with the software for route overlays.

Excellent. Way to get out and cover some ground!  It was an amazing day to be out. :D

author=Salal link=topic=12564.msg52485#msg52485 date=1236456078]
Laps on radio and catherine and off of silver down the east face to twin lakes out cold creek to hyak..so I guess almost all of the south side of the pass ;) Sorry I don't own a gps with the software for route overlays.

Wow, nice, that's strong work!
J

Thanks for the Silver Pk tip.  We went to Catherine via Nordic Pass, skied the north side, then pushed on back through Nordic Pass to about 4800 ft on the east slope of Silver Peak.  What a wonderful fall line down to Twin Lakes!  We skied 1400 vertical and there was 400 to 600 more above our start.  Best snow of the season for me today by far!
Play hookey, call in sick, do whatever it takes to ski tomorrow!
John

Reply to this TR

march-6-2009-snoq-pass-powder-fest
Salal
2009-03-06 23:04:52